Selected key publications for the conduct of an indirect treatment comparison or mixed treatment comparison.
- Lu G, Ades AE. Combination of direct and indirect evidence in mixed treatment comparisons. Statistics in Medicine 2004;23(20): 3104-3124.
- Bucher et. al. The results of direct and indirect comparisons in meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 1997;50 (6):683-691.
- Hutton B, Salanti G, Caldwell DM, Chaimani A, Schmid CH, Cameron C, et al. The PRISMA Extension Statement for Reporting of Systematic Reviews Incorporating Network Meta-analyses of Health Care Interventions: Checklist and Explanations. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2015;162:777-784
- PBAC. Report of the Indirect Comparisons Working Group to the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee: assessing indirect comparisons.
- NICE Decision Support Unit. Technical Support Document 7: Evidence synthesises of treatment efficacy in decision making: A reviewer’s checklist. Sheffield: NICE DSU;2012.
- Jansen J et. al. Interpreting indirect treatment comparisons and network meta-analysis for health-care decision making: Report of the ISPOR Task Force on indirect treatment comparisons good research practices: Part 1. Value in Health 2011;14:417-428.
- Hoaglin DC et al. Conducting indirect-treatment comparisons and network meta-analysis studies: report of the ISPOR task force on indirect treatment comparisons good research practices – part 2. Value in Health 2011;14:429-437.
- Lee AW. Review of mixed treatment comparisons in published systematic reviews shows marked increase since 2009. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2013.
- Sobieraj et al. Methods used to conduct and report Bayesian mixed treatment comparisons published in the medical literature: a systematic review. BMJ Open 2013;3:e003111.
- Use of Mixed Treatment Comparisons in Systematic Reviews. Methods Research Report. AHRQ Publication No. 12-EHC119-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. August 2012.